27 Nov Culex Mosquito
Mosquitoes prefer warm weather in general, but will rest during the hottest periods of the day and are active from dusk till dawn.
The Culex Mosquito is known to spread diseases like the West-Nile Virus, Filariasis (Elephantitis) and Encephalitis.
- Adult is 4–10mm long
- Pale and light brown or yellowish in colour
- A long distance flier
- Mainly breed in polluted stagnant water and drains
- After a full blood meal the female Culex Mosquito can lay up to 300 eggs
- Pupa emerge as adults after 2 days
Signs of Infestation
- Consistent buzzing sound in the ear
- Experiencing skin rashes and redness
- Mosquito bites are an obvious sign which are usually inflamed
- Larvae in stagnant water